Said It, Meant It

Releasing the Inner Bitch in All of Us

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It Came from the '80s ...

A glorious thing has happened.

After several weeks of frenzied cleaning back at The Olde Homestead, my mom calls me recently with fascinating news.

“In the closet in your old room, I found that … big, pink, case thing … you know … Kit & Caboodle?”

“MY CABOODLES?!”

Oh, I said it, y’all. (P.S. They’re still around – who knew?)

Ladies (and maybe some of you fellas out there), remember your Caboodles from elementary, middle, and/or high school? You were nothing without a Caboodles when I was growing up, and it damn sure better have been bursting with the following:
- scrunchies of all colors and textures
- at least one “BE FRI” or “ST ENDS” necklace and/or bracelet
- hot pink Barbie lipstick
- a handwoven friendship bracelet

Mine was returned to me on Sunday and is a treasure trove of atrocious 80’s jewelry that A) I was thrilled beyond belief to see and B) I will be wearing most of in the coming months until the 80’s fashion resurgence sinks once more into the pits of hell.

Shall we take a walk down memory lane? Let’s. I am now the proud re-owner of:
- dangly globe earrings
- dangly mood earrings (flawed by being rendered permanently moody, but still wearable)
- plastic button earrings in red, yellow, green, and blue (I may or may not mix and match these)
- several pairs of silver earrings that are heavy enough to possibly cause me injury
- more brightly colored metal hoops than you can shake a stick at

I am currently festooned with teal zigzag hoops that I vividly remember loving to death in middle school. Yesterday, it was giant black circles approximately the size of poker chips. They also made my earlobes itch something fierce, so I may have the Hanta virus now. I’ll keep you posted.

Now please let me get back to my episode of Fraggle Rock.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying your walk down Memory Lane!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home